dinsdag 16 oktober 2007

DDH : ultimate trial

For once I'm about to consider the possibility to publish a blog in multiple languages. The reason of this consideration is that if anyone possible would be interested in this more non- then sense, once in a while English can help to reach more twisted minds like mine. Last Sunday I together with several other thousands of idiots gathered in Hasselt to celebrate the victory of our mind. Yes, we did it (again)! Start to run conquered Flanders and Flanders will rule the world by improving their health. Yeah right you might think , but if you would join one of the events organized, I will assure you the vibe is easily grabbed.

The fun part of the race in Hasselt is that on nearly each corner bands were playing to support the tormented would-be athletes. Apparently my brother-in-law also ran the same distance. He ranked 347 and ended more than eight minutes ahead and proved the fact that age multiplied by squared overweight is not an advantage. Well done Filip.

The good news for me was that despite the lack of training in the weeks before the race, I was able to keep up to a similar pace like I was running in Mechelen.

Next target will be the corrida in Leuven December, 30th, Benny will rejoin and the distance we need to cover will be 8 km.

Geen opmerkingen: